Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memory Lane

 I had a stroll down memory lane to about 27 years ago. Yesterday I watched my granddaughters. You see my daughters are the same age difference as their daughters, 13 months apart. Eleanor is eighteen months and Vivian is five months. They look so much like their mommies too.
Every once in awhile something will spark a memory of all those years ago, usually nothing specific. I remember the busy-ness of it all. The physical demands; entertaining one while giving a bottle to the other, entertaining the other while the toddler has lunch, maneuvering a stroller out the door while helping the toddler walk down the steps, trying to get both babies to sleep for a few moments of sanity. It all came rushing back to me yesterday.
So today my hat is off to my daughters, who are very good mommies to my sweetest grandbabies!





1 comment:

  1. Love the hand over the mouth!! Those two are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete