Friday, June 15, 2012

Beat The Heat

Hot summer days are upon us and to stay cool at our house we have a batch of bourbon slush in the freezer at all times.

The original recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law. Here is the original recipe:
7c. water
2c. strong tea (if you use instant tea, add water; otherwise they taste like sand! Sorry Meg, I couldn't resist!)
1 large can of lemonade concentrate
1 small can of orange juice concentrate
1c. sugar
1 c. bourbon or 1-2 small cans of rum
Makes one gallon. Freeze for 12 hours.

I am forever tweaking recipes. My sister loves rum slush. I like bourbon. Here is my version:
7c. water
2c. strong tea
1 large can of lemonade concentrate
1 large can of orange juice concentrate
1c. sugar
2 large cans of Jack Daniels
Makes one gallon. Freeze for 12 hours.
I like to pour diet Pepsi or Squirt over mine.

These will cool you down. P.S. Orient the fan so it blows on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment