Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Photo by Emma



The older I get, the more I see the impact that my mother and grandmother had on my spiritual life. My mother would play piano for church on Sundays in my old home town. We listened or sang along as she practiced throughout the week. Grandma would hum hymns as she worked or she would play records of Gospel music. Old hymns have been going through my head lately, but more so today.
I am feeling very blessed.
This hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" written by William M. Runyan, written in 1870 has been the one I have been humming lately. The chorus:
"Great is Thy Faithfulness! Great is Thy Faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-- 
"Great is Thy Faithfulness,"
Lord, unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment