Friday, October 5, 2012

Cold Season Cures

The babies were sick last weekend and so it goes without saying that we are in the midst of colds. After all who can resist kisses from those babies? At our house I always have hot spiced tea for colds, sore throats, sinus issues and just because it tastes good. The original recipe came to me by my home economics teacher in high school. I have tweaked the recipe to give it a little more oomph, as I do with almost any recipe.

 Hot Spiced Tea:
2 c. Tang
2 c. Lemonade Mix
3/4 c. Instant Tea (unsweetened)
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
Mix together and store in a tightly covered container. ( It kind of reminds me of sand art!)

Add 3 t. to a coffee mug of boiling water.


Now if you have a nasty cough that goes with your cold, add a splash of Spiced Rum or Hot Damn Liqueur to your hot spiced tea. Or just add it for fun! My favorite is the Hot Damn.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment